- They put cucumbers on their burgers instead of pickles.
- You can have one packet of ketchup or one packet of mayo for your fries. You can have one of each for an extra charge.
- Happy meals have chocolate milk in them.
- A cup of water is carbonated.
- A “bottle” of water is in a soft plastic package similar to a juice pack. It’s also carbonated.
- You can only order meals, complete with a side and a drink, not individual items. Meals are around $9.
- You can order waffle fries. But only with one packet of ketchup or one packet of mayo.
- As with all other restaurants in Berlin, you can sit outside under sun umbrellas and smoke for hours. The difference is these umbrellas have “McCafe” written on them.
- Competition appears to be primarily from Pizza Hut and KFC. Also with their own versions of McCafes.
Bonus McDonald’s fact: In Slovenia, all the cafe umbrellas say “I’m loving it” on them. As though they had extra from the U.S. and couldn’t be bothered to print any in Slovene. I don’t know if they also put cucumbers on their burgers.